Software that makes software amazing. CommandBar is a platform for helping software companies make their software easy and fast for all their users.
Today, CommandBar serves forward-thinking SaaS companies like LaunchDarkly, Shortcut, Gusto, OneSignal, and AngelList.
Despite our scale, we're a tiny team today that's just beginning to grow, which means tons of opportunities to do trajectory-altering work. If you're inspired to upgrade how humans use software, come join!
Working at CommandBar means building beautiful, fast software and working side-by-side with some of the world’s most forward-thinking software companies to help them solve a variety of user experience problems. We are obsessed with helping humans get more done with computers, and we measure success in terms of the number of users we serve.
We’re looking to bring on board team members who are as excited as we are about crafting unforgettable software, want to work hard to have impact measured in billions of users, and will actively participate in shaping a culture that helps everyone thrive and contribute.
Our customers rely on CommandBar to deliver a reliable and delightful experience for their end users. As a Fullstack Engineer at CommandBar, you'll be working alongside the founders on all facets of our product. You'll have the opportunity to own projects that impact thousands of users, in pursuit of a better way for humans to interact with software.
Our Tech Stack
- Python / Django for backend services
- Node and Typescript for web services
- React on the frontend
- Infra on AWS
Our Hiring Process
We intentionally keep our headcount low, so spend more time optimizing our hiring process than our size suggests. We optimize for speed, to help you understand life at CommandBar and in the role you're applying for, and for us to understand how you do your best work.
- Every interview starts the same way: two to three casual conversations with team members so (1) we can get to know you, your background, interests, and career goals and (2) you can learn about CommandBar.
- After those conversations take place, we'll agree on a written interview plan that's tailored to your role. Usually this begins with a domain-specific screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer) and might include a take-home component as well. It's very important to us that our interview process be transparent, as stress-free-as-possible, and gives you an accurate picture of what working at CommandBar is like.
- We consider these part of the interview process, not just confirmatory. We like to hear from a manager and a peer if possible.
The main reasons for joining CommandBar are belief in our product and the opportunities for you to grow your skills and career. That said, our benefits are pretty sweet. Overall, we believe in benefits that respect individual choice and reflect the fact that optimizing your life outside of work leads to better performance at work.
- Tools to help you work. We equip all our employees with a new laptop and a stipend to support a purchase of a monitor, keyboard, desk chair - anything else that will empower your best work.
- Learning. At CommandBar, we strongly believe in life-long learning. We have a learning and development stipend to support your growth.
- Team retreats. We love working and celebrating together. We gather twice a year in our San Francisco office and once a year in a fun location!
- Work remote or in San Francisco. We have a beautiful new office in San Francisco (with snacks!) and have team members all over the world.
- Health and wellness. Best-in-class healthcare for employees and dependents. Includes vision and dental.
- Competitive salary and equity. We also offer 401k matching for US Employees - 100% up to 3% of salary contributed and 50% up to 5%.
- Time off. CommandBar offers flexible paid vacation with a minimum of 3 weeks annually. We want you to take the time you need to rest and relax.
- Parental leave. We offer all parents 12 weeks paid time off to spend time with their new family.
- Awesome co-workers. Our team is small but mighty. We work collaboratively with an emphasis on openness, kindness, and direct communication.
- Make your life easier. We provide an annual stipend to use towards any services or purchases that will make your life easier!
- Hack weeks. We do 1-2 hack weeks per quarter with awesome demo days! All team-members are encouraged to participate.