👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote Software Engineering Jobs, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
We’re on a mission to Make Automation Work for Everyone. And we’re hiring! Join us. From anywhere.
How we work
- Freedom and flexibility. Spread across 17 time zones in dozens of countries, we sign into Slack and open up our work tools on the schedule that fits our lives best. We communicate asynchronously, work autonomously, and take ownership of our work.
- Diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We’re building a global community—one where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We have regular open discussions on topics like gender equality, unconscious bias, and celebrating our differences. When you join our team, you agree to a code of conduct.
- Camaraderie from afar. 100% distributed doesn’t hold us back from building bonds—daily conversation in chat includes non-work topics like #fun-cooking and #fun-scifi, weekly posts to our company blog show off pictures of pets and hobbies, and twice-annually, we come together for an all-team retreat that includes activities like crafting, basketball, karaoke, and rock climbing. We make space for everyone’s flavor of fun.
- Learning on- and offline. You start your role with an immersive remote onboarding experience to learn about our product, culture, and business. Then meet your team to pick up new skills and tools. And the learning doesn’t stop there—ongoing feedback from your manager and peers is one of our five team values, and we continuously support your professional development.
- Interesting problems to solve. Our product integrates 5000+ online tools to make it easy for anyone to connect apps and get more work done. Supporting and evolving our product is no easy task itself, though. Our "build the robot" value yields outsized results, and our all-hands support approach gives everyone insights into our users’ experience.
We're looking for a Sr. Full Stack Engineer to join the team at Zapier. We’re on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped millions of people build businesses through the power of automation.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer you will work alongside other Engineers to build out experiences designed in close collaboration with our Product Manager and Designer that will help users new to Zapier get oriented to the product faster and help instill an automation mindset that will allow them to unlock the true power of our products.
If you’re interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, then read on…
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a fast-growing, remote-first company. You'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Building and scaling web products that directly impact our customers or partners.
- Developing frontend components and UIs that are reusable and highly performant.
- Design and build RESTful APIs to be used in a front-end application
- Run experiments to learn what techniques work best at keeping users engaged and informed
- Monitor reliability and performance through dashboards and tools to ensure availability
- Dig into bugs and feature requests
- Work with teams and stakeholders across Zapier to help them deliver value to customers in new and exciting ways
- Help other engineers on the team and across Zapier
- As a part of Zapier's all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
- You can build scalable web apps. You have at least 4+ years of software development building web-based software products. You’ve worked across the stack, and though you may know more front-end frameworks or building web services, you can dive into any aspect of an application. Zapier is built on Python, Django, React, Node.js, and AWS.
- You can build frontend components. You’ve used a modern frontend framework to develop frontend components. You value user experience and think about reuse as well.
- You care about users. You spend most of your time coding but are driven by solving user needs. You contribute to design and product strategy discussions with a broad understanding of both the constraints and opportunities created by technology.
- You value code quality. You understand that testing your code and good code coverage is essential in delivering a solid product. You know how to document well and lean on automation whenever possible. You have an understanding of tech debt and can formulate a plan to address it, but know how to ship production-ready code.
- You have a systems-oriented mindset. You're inquisitive. You build a deep understanding of problems and are good at spotting patterns. You understand how to design and implement end-to-end software systems.
- You value our values. At Zapier, our values are at the heart of how we work together and how we think about our customers. As a remote-first company, our values help develop trust and ensure we collaborate effectively to democratize automation. You recognize how our values can empower meaningful work, you thrive in a collaborative setting, you are eager to continue growing, and you’re excited to be part of the team.
- While we don't require a specific number of years of experience, senior backend engineers at Zapier typically have 7+ years of professional engineering experience, with at least 3 building distributed, scaleable web-applications.
Our Hiring Process
At Zapier, we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences make us better, which is why we have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We're looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description. All we ask is that you answer a few in-depth questions in our application that would typically be asked at the start of an interview process. This helps speed things up by letting us get to know you and your skillset a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application. We know we’ll make mistakes from time to time, so if you ever have questions about where you stand or about the process, just ask your recruiter!
Zapier is an equal-opportunity employer and we're excited to work with talented and empathetic people of all identities. Zapier does not discriminate based on someone's identity in any aspect of hiring or employment as required by law and in line with our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will work to provide reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zapier Compensation Guiding Principles
We believe all Zapiens should be rewarded competitively and equitably, using practices that are simple and transparent. This philosophy ensures we’re able to find, grow, and retain exceptional people from a broad range of backgrounds. Here’s how we define our compensation principles:
- Competitive: Zapier pays well among the technology sector.
- Equitable: Consistent pay practices; competency-based pay.
- Simple: Pay is well understood, and pay practices are built for scale.
- Transparent: Zapiens know how pay works, including how their pay is determined.
The pay ranges for this role are:
- United States: 167,400-219,000 USD
- Canada: 167,400-219,000 CAD
A Candidate's compensation package is finalized once the interview process is concluded and accounts for experience, competencies (job knowledge, skills and abilities) and internal equity.
Because Zapier is an all-remote company and people can join our workforce from almost any country, our benefit programs and their access/availability differ across the globe. With the aim to support Zapier teammates in the best way we can, we currently offer:
- Healthcare, dental, and vision in the UK, Canada, and the United States
- Retirement plans with employer match in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and the United States
- For countries where we do not have entities or provide company-sponsored benefits, we add a regional benefits premium to our pay ranges (in these instances, when recommendations are made for base pay, the benefits premium has already been factored in)
- Work from (almost!) anywhere*
- Flexible time-off policy (most teammates take 4-6 weeks off per year for vacation and holidays)
- 1 annual company retreat to an awesome place
- 14 weeks of 100% fully-paid leave for new parents
- Anniversary reward program (at 1, 3, 5, 7, and 10 years)
- Home office setup stipend
- Software budget
- Professional development allowance
- Fertility and family planning support
* Due to regulatory and security reasons, there’s a small number of countries where we cannot have Zapier teammates based. Additionally, because Zapier is an all-remote company and people can join our workforce from almost any country, we do not sponsor visas. Zapier teammates need to be authorized to work from their home location.