👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote Software Engineering Jobs, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
The best free resources for coding interviews. Period.
The same resources that successfully helped engineers get offers from Google, Microsoft, and Amazon. With proven results and used by over a million people all around the world...
About Volkswagen Digital Solutions
Founded in 2019, Volkswagen Digital Solutions (VWDS) plays a major role in the Volkswagen Group strategy of going digital, by developing software mainly for the digital ecosystems and internal corporate processes.
Split across 3 tech units: CODE (Core Operations + Development), MAN Digital Hub and SDC (Software Development Center), VWDS plays a key part of the digitalization strategy that is happening in the Group.
Our Mindset | Open for new ways, transparent in what we do and responsive to requests!
Our Target | Creating value, being customer focused and delivering continuously!
Unsure if you meet all our requirements? Please apply anyway! We would love to hear from you!
In VWDS, the Engineering Manager is someone that we trust in, and to whom we delegate the successful delivery of a service from planning to ongoing operations. As an Engineering Manager your focus will be managing and supporting the teams at all levels. Being a leader means that you’ll need to ensure that, at the same time, the teams are growing and developing their knowledge, as a team and as individuals, and enjoying the work and be proud to be part of Volkswagen Digital Solutions.
As a leader, you should have a solid background in and leadership skills, so you’ll be prepared to work on the team’s strategy and implementation of valuable ideas, as well as, continuously challenge your team members.
What you will do:
- Lead, develop, coach, and grow technical professionals who work as part of a cross-functional team.
- Promote the engagement with business stakeholders, by building a positive relation and act as a trustful business partner;
- Establish the bridge between the business and teams according to project needs;
- Collaborate with tech and product leadership to ensure your teams have the right tools, skills, and processes;
- Drive the continuous improvement of team talent-related processes and contribute to strategic areas of improvement;
- Motivate and ensure the timely, quality-focused delivery of new features and projects;
- Ensure the team’s growth by ensuring the right processes are in place, facilitating efficient communication, and hiring the right talent to fill in the gaps;
- Lead with empathy as you help us nurture a culture of growth, inclusion, and belonging.
- Academic degree in a related field;
- At least 10 years of experience, with relevant involvement in team management;
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationship across a company, specially in international and multicultural environments;
- Proven experience in negotiation and expectation management;
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork;
- Problem solving skills and solution oriented;
- Very good English skills, both written and spoken;
Our Hiring Process
Our Recruitment Process may slightly differ according to each role.
- CV Screening - Our HR team reviews all the applications. Within a few days will give you feedback.
- Cultural Interview - If your CV matches our requirements, the HR team will invite you for an interview. This is the moment to get to know you better and give you the freedom to ask everything you’d like to know about the company and our projects. After this, you’ll be invited to make a technical test in our platform.
- Technical Interview - After collecting the feedback from the cultural interview and the results from the test, you’ll be invited to access your technical knowledge together with one of our engineers. Also, you can find more about our projects and way of working.
- Job offer - All ok from your side and ours :) It’s time for a job offer.
This is a true opportunity to join an amazing atmosphere on our local company culture build up, with the support of a solid international group, and to be part of an Agile environment where you can learn, share, and interact in a place where your ideas are valued and you have a voice.
- Flexible working hours;
- Remote friendly model adapted to each team’s needs and preferences;
- Continuous learning with access to Udemy;
- Wellbeing program extendable to your household;
- Health insurance extendable to your household;
- Life insurance;
- Opportunity to join the company’s pension fund;
- Home Office Setup to build your dream home office;
- Home allowance, to receive in your payslip or use in our flexible benefits platform (e.g. gym partnership, internet/data expenses, tech equipment);
- Smartphone + Telecom with voice & data plan;
- Discounts on VW Group cars and special conditions on financing;
- Relocation package (if applicable) & Visa process sponsorship;
- Portuguese/English language classes.