👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote Software Engineering Jobs, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
HashiCorp is solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premise environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
HashiCorp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and other applicable state or local laws.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our product continues to evolve to meet the needs of our customers, and the service mesh technical ecosystem is expanding with newer architectures such as the use of eBPF for service mesh functionality. We are looking for a staff engineer with domain expertise in cloud native security and deep familiarity with operating system level instrumentation (through mechanisms like eBPF). As a staff engineer, you are expected to drive technical architecture and product features that will fit under a broader security theme.
Staff and Principal Engineers are the most senior individual contributors at HashiCorp. They are leaders that continually strive to set a higher standard for the engineering organization as a whole. They are expected to help drive the product vision forward and propose novel areas of innovation with emerging technology.
Staff engineers at Hashicorp are experts in a specific problem space within our domain. Their core responsibilities are to work across team boundaries and work closely with product management ahead of the roadmap to aid in discovery and scoping discussions. We expect staff engineers to be highly autonomous, collaborate across product management and engineering to deliver both architectural vision and code, and lead by example to set a high bar for engineering excellence.
In this role, you can expect to...
- Program mostly in Go, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
- Collaborate with product management to partner on an overall vision and strategy that is aligned with the product line and company goals
- Partner with product managers and software engineers to execute against your team’s roadmap
- Play a mix of roles, including technical leadership for teams, long term planning, product management partnership, and technical contribution and guidance
- Provide feedback on an ongoing basis for all architectural documents and design decisions that pertain to your focus area.
- Experience in a lower-level language like Go.
- Years of experience consistently delivering high-value, high-impact, cross-team projects.
- Strong knowledge about Linux systems design, particularly in security and networking.
- Solid understanding of networking fundamentals (common protocols and their applications)
- Experience building and securing high availability applications using cloud native tools (Load balancers, Route 53, WAF, etc.)
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity; complex and fuzzy requirements are more common than clearly defined customer expectations
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results
- Prior experience working in high performance or distributed systems
- Been responsible for production services in the past and have a deep understanding of delivering software at scale, and maintaining operational excellence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication - you are equally comfortable explaining complex technical ideas to engineering teams, and presenting to product and executive leadership.
- Exemplify the HashiCorp principles.
Our Hiring Process
We’d love to hear from you!
HashiCorp is an open source company. We take great joy in helping developers, designers, and infrastructure practitioners build and deploy applications with our products.
Please feel free to include a cover letter to tell us about yourself and what gets you excited about the cloud, infrastructure as code, or one of our products! We'd like to get to know YOU and why you are interested in working at HashiCorp.
The below serves as a basic outline; we may choose to add or remove steps based on the information that we gather during the process.
- Introductory Call with someone from our recruiting team.
- First Interview with an Engineering Manager.
- Interview Loop with additional team members, with the following panel:
- Technical Code Pairing interview
- Code Review interview
- Communication and Collaboration interview
- Systems and architecture interview
- If applicable, a final conversation with the Engineering Manager for the team you would be joining.
We do our best to accommodate your programming language of choice for technical interviews.
- Medical, dental & vision. HashiCorp offers your choice of medical plans as well as dental and vision coverage for you and any dependents, including spouses, domestic partners, and children. Coverage begins upon your first day of hire.
- Life & disability insurance. HashiCorp provides life insurance coverage in the amount equal to your annual salary at no cost to you. If you would like additional coverage, you have the option to enroll in voluntary life insurance for yourself or your dependents. You will also be covered under our short term and long term disability policies in the event that you are unable to work for an extended period of time due to a health condition.
- Flexible spending account (FSA). You can set aside pretax money to go towards the purchase or payment of approved health care and dependent care expenses. These can include copays, birth control, day care for children or elder adults, acupuncture, and more.
- Vacation and Other Leaves. We believe in giving our employees the opportunity to recharge and refresh, and our vacation policy reflects that. Our Paid Vacation Policy offers employees 4 weeks of vacation per year. So, whether you’d like to vacation on a beach or relax at home, it’s up to you! Additionally, we offer 10 days of paid sick leave per year, 12 paid holidays, bereavement leave, miscarriage leave and extended personal leave. We value your health and well-being and empower you to take ownership of your earned and well-deserved time away.
- 401(k). Our 401(k) plan provides a variety of investment options to help you fund your retirement. The plan allows you to contribute a designated amount of your pre-taxed income from each paycheck thereby lowering your taxable annual income. The plan also offers employees the opportunity to enroll in Roth, and after-tax contributions.
- Family Expansion Benefit. We are dedicated to supporting the needs of our employees and their families in a way that is inclusive of all family structures. That is why we’re proud to offer a Family Expansion Benefit through Carrot designed to support a variety of family expansion methods that range from Adoption to Fertility treatments, and can be customized to the needs and preferences of each individual employee.
- Maternity and Parental Leave. To bond with their newborn, we provide birthing parents up to 16 weeks of paid maternity leave via short-term disability and HashiCorp’s parental leave policy. For non-birthing parents (including adoptive) we offer 8 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Expanded Mental Health Support. We understand the importance of supporting our employees mental health, and are committed to doing this through a variety of resources. In addition to offering an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), we provide employees access to an on-demand behavioral healthcare benefit through Ginger.