👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote Software Engineering Jobs, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
Hashnode is one of the fastest-growing tech communities for engineers, thought-leaders, and the dev community. Thousands of tech blogs on the internet are super-charged by Hashnode's blogging platform. We're just starting — let's build the next-gen knowledge-sharing platform together!
🏝 Our Culture
Everyone is a CEO!
We don't want to manage people. Everyone manages themselves and acts as a CEO of the function or position they hold.
Everyone is a Hustler!
Thinking about growth is a shared responsibility. Ideas can come from anyone.
Since we are the users of our product, we know the exact pain points and understand fellow software developers really well.
Going forward we are going to heavily rely on product-led growth. This means our user acquisition, conversion, and retention are all driven primarily by our product.
💼 About the job
We are looking for Software Developers to build and implement functional programs. You will work with other Developers and Product Managers throughout the software development life cycle.
In this role, you should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills. If you also have experience in JAMStack, Node.js, Next.js, MongoDB, and React, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to build efficient programs and systems that serve user needs.
- Work on the newest features for hashnode
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Participate in code reviews
- Help us build the foundation of a new tech company
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Experience with building full-stack applications. You don't need to be a pro in the whole tech stack. But you need to be able to deploy applications from the frontend to the backend.
- Active Hashnode user or an active contributor on another content creation platform
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB or DynamoDB
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
- Motivation & the willingness to learn is really important
- Excellent communication skills - We are remote & async which means communication skills are #1
Our Hiring Process
- First Interview: Let's get to know each other
- Take-Home Assignment. You'll get a typical task we are implementing on hashnode. No Data Structures or whiteboard coding interviews!
- You present the take-home assignment to two of our engineers
- You meet our CTO and have a technical discussion
- You meet our CTO & CEO for a final culture-fit round
We value your time! That is why we try to keep this process as short as possible (14-18 days).
- Work From Anywhere
- Asynchronous Work Culture
- Unlimited Vacations
- MacBooks and other tools needed for the job
- Free eBooks
- Generous Compensation & Equity
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Home Office Setup Allowance
- Sponsored H1B Visa
- Fun Outings and Events
- Annual Company Retreat
- Be a part of our founding team and directly influence the roadmap
- Work closely with our users and other key stakeholders
- Opportunity to own new and upcoming core features