👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote Software Engineering Jobs, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
The best free resources for coding interviews. Period.
The same resources that successfully helped engineers get offers from Google, Microsoft, and Amazon. With proven results and used by over a million people all around the world...
The Gnosis mission has always been centered on building decentralized infrastructure for the Ethereum ecosystem. When Gnosis was founded in 2015, it focused on building prediction markets to enable worldwide access to accurate information. While creating the prediction market platform, it became clear that Gnosis needed to build the infrastructure required to support it.
As a DAO, Gnosis uses the products that it creates to transparently guide decisions on the development, support, and governance of its ecosystem.
Erigon is an Ethereum (also Gnosis Chain and Polygon) Execution Layer on the efficiency frontier. It's written in the Go programming language. We've been innovating in space- and time-efficient ways of doing blockchain execution and data. Further information about Erigon is available at https://erigon.substack.com.
We are looking for talented software engineers capable of handling complex algorithms and data structures. If you enjoy solving challenging technical problems and want to scale blockchain to billions of users, this is a perfect opportunity!
- Grasp complex technical topics such as Ethereum protocol changes (e.g. EIP-1599) as well as data structures non-specific to blockchains (e.g. Roaring Bitmaps).
- Implement new features in code (e.g. EIP-6780).
- Familiarize yourself with our testing and diagnostics tools.
- Use and enhance those tools to investigate and fix devnet and production issues.
- Attend calls with other blockchain core developers (e.g. Ethereum or Gnosis chain calls) if necessary.
- Persevere through a somewhat messy code base and ultimately simplify and improve it.
Desirable, but not mandatory requirements:
- Computer Science/Maths education
- Solid track record as a programmer
- Blockchain (esp. Ethereum) knowledge
- golang proficiency
Our Hiring Process
- Review. Our HR team manually reviews all applications.
- HR Interview. A 30 minute video call with one of our recruiters.
- Hiring Manager or Technical Interview. A more in depth conversation about your background and experience, and motivation to join us.
- Task or Technical Interview. If we need to further assess some specific skills we may require a small work challenge or a technical interview.
- Final interview. A final conversation with a member of our core leadership team.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Erigon will provide you with help and guidance, as well as sufficient time to learn, so that you can effect complex code changes productively. At the same time, we expect you to be proactive with your tasks and work independently, asking colleagues for assistance when necessary. Ultimately, you should be able to deliver without being micro-managed.
- Flexible working hours. Virtually no mandatory team meetings.
- Flat hierarchy with zero bureaucracy. Erigon's founders are software engineers.
- Opportunity to work on challenging programming, algorithmic, or cryptographic problems on the bleeding edge of what is technically possible.
- Work How And When You Want. We offer flexible hours, extra vacation days, and working remotely to support your style.
- Education Budget. We give every team member an annual education budget to foster learning and development, allowing you to excel at your job.
- Team Retreats. Think about the future, learn from the past, and just have fun together. Each year, you'll have the opportunity to travel with your team for a retreat.
- Equipment Stipend. We equip you with the devices and tools you need to fit your working style.
- Office Amenities. You'll find free coffee, drinks, snacks, and other amenities at our offices in Berlin, Gibraltar and Lisbon. Not to mention weekly web3 events at our respective locations.
- Conference Budget. Conferences are an essential part of the web3 experience, and you will of course have the chance to take part in that with us.
- Flexible Vacation Days. We have a generous holiday allowance and value a healthy work/life balance.
- Ecosystem Fridays. We encourage you to set aside Friday afternoons to learn more about the web3 ecosystem and try out the latest industry products.