👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote Software Engineering Jobs, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
We are the Tech team behind the success of top European Startups, and we are looking for future tech leaders.
What makes Ragnarson’s attitude different from the rest of the market is that we want our developers to be future tech leaders. It means that besides technical expertise we emphasize their development in other aspects such as business knowledge, communication skills, or management.
If you see yourself in the next 5 years as someone who influences tech and team choices, Ragnarson is the place where you can acquire relevant skills. You can become a tech lead, startup owner, CTO, or an especially valuable team member.
We believe in and train the so-called T-shaped developers. This means that you have a deep specialization and broad general knowledge. We know that if you connect technical expertise with business skills, the outcome of your work will be astonishing.
👉 Wondering what would make you a better developer at this stage of your career?
By working with dozens of different mid-level developers, we concluded that in many cases, it’s not only about your technical skills.
It might be about your soft skills and looking at problems with the big picture in mind.
Many companies and environments support the development of technical skills. There are only a handful, including Ragnarson, that focus on shaping developers as well-rounded professionals.
👉 If your long-term aspiration is to become a technical lead, we have a suitable environment to help you reach your goals.
Challenges to tackle:
- Working with the tech stack from low-level data parsing, through serving a JSON:API API to building a Vue.js SPA
- Complex and deliberate planning of feature implementation and its effect on the application/system
- Helping clients with scoping projects and picking the right solution and architecture
- Advising clients on different technological challenges affecting their business
- Suggesting changes within the team if needed
- Communicating directly with clients on a daily basis
- Building and maintaining relationships with our clients
- Making sure that our clients get the value they need
We don’t expect you to have experience with all those aspects. It’s only important that you want to learn how to handle them.
- Having broad interests
- A mature approach to life
- Fluent communication in English (written and spoken)
- At least 2+ years of commercial experience as a software developer
- Excellent knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Good knowledge of the PostgreSQL database
- A consulting mindset and readiness to help client/PO lead their projects from the technical side
- Willingness to develop your mentoring skills
- Good command of written and spoken Polish (min B1)
Our Hiring Process
- I stage - introductory call with our recruitment team
- II stage - a live coding session checking relevant skills; we always provide comprehensive feedback whether the candidate remains in our process or not
- III stage - 1-on-1 conversations with various people from the team - cultural fit.
- 100% remote work (or from our office in Lodz or Berlin)
- Salary level: 11 000 - 18 000 PLN net on B2B contract
- Self-setting up your salary twice a year
- Open company financial records (for example, income, expenses, forecast)
- Transparent communication and company documents
- Participating in everyday decisions regarding the direction of the company growth
- Opportunity to develop in non-programming fields (project management, customer relations, recruitment, marketing, sales)
- Various benefits (MacBook, co-funding of healthcare package, sports activities, co-work space and English classes, holiday package, etc.)