👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote Software Engineering Jobs, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
Join Qonto. Help create the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers. Qonto is the leading European business finance solution. It simplifies everything from everyday banking and financing, to bookkeeping and spend management. Qonto energizes SMEs and freelancers so that they can achieve more.
Why join Qonto?
The Qonto adventure was born from our own experience: as new entrepreneurs, we were frustrated with traditional banks. Their services were time-consuming and complex, and the tools we were given were not suited to small, modern companies. So we started to build an easy business banking solution ourselves. Of all that we've achieved since 2016, our talented team remains our greatest source of pride. Qontoers come from diverse backgrounds and are passionate about creating the best product, one with a strong impact and a great user experience.
If you're looking to be part of an ambitious team that's modernizing a dusty industry through design & technology combined with great customer care, get in touch!
- Alexandre Prot and Steve Anavi – Co-founders @Qonto
Diversity and inclusion lies at the heart of Qonto.
- 40% female presence in leadership teams
- 44% female workforce (vs 17% in the Tech sector generally)
- 33% of Qontoers are non-French
- Over 50 nationalities (and counting...)
A few figures about Qonto:
- Alexandre Prot and Steve Anavi created Qonto in July 2017
- 1,000 happy Qontoers (And we're hiring more!)
- 350,000 + companies are using Qonto
- €622m raised with VCs and business angels including Valar, Alven, the European Investment Bank, Tencent, DST Global, Tiger Global, TCV, Alkeon, Eurazeo, KKR, Insight Partners, Exor Seeds and Gaingels.
- Listed in the French Tech #Next40, bringing together the most promising young companies of the French Tech industry.
- 1st B2B account for finance management to get a Payment Institution licence.
Our offices in Europe:
Qonto is an open-minded company. Don’t tick all the boxes? Apply, and we’ll let you know if we think you could fit the role. You never know 😉
⭐ Mission: Join us as a Senior Ruby Backend Engineer to craft polished user experiences, highly scalable APIs and robust banking services, all to help create the finance solution all businesses love.
This position is remote-friendly in the following locations:
⚡ Impact: You will be part of a team of 100 highly skilled back-end engineers from all over the world. You will work closely in cross-functional teams to shape our finance solutions. You will also take part in the direction of our banking product, manage how we will handle our ever-growing user base needs, and deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
👩💻🧑💻 As a Senior Ruby Backend Engineer at Qonto, you will
- Design, develop and maintain our APIs for maximum resilience, scalability, robustness, and security
- Build new applications and services to support our APIs and internal tools to help us move faster with confidence and quality
- Play an active role in the architecture at Qonto to better support our growing user base and scaling needs
- Maintain our high level of quality through TDD, documentation, pairing, and learning
- Help scale our backend code base while maintaining our strong engineering culture
- Share your knowledge and learnings through internal and external talks, & participate in the development of open-source tools
Our primary languages are Ruby, Golang and Python for backend, EmberJS for frontend, and Kotlin and Swift for our mobile apps. Our platform runs on a Kubernetes cluster hosted on AWS, with PostgreSQL as our database of choice. We're also using Kafka for our event-driven architecture and ELK for logging and auditing, among many other tools, services, and applications.
🤔 What you can expect: our methodology, the Qonto Way
- We highly value the analysis phase on software delivery. We're putting a heavy emphasis on upfront technical designs, team reviews, and smart slicing. You can expect to focus on quality, which we believe drives the velocity our customers need.
- We think success comes from a space where you're given time, support, and autonomy to improve yourself, our systems and our processes. Our lean toolbox enables you to monitor your constant improvements (Kaizen, PDCA) in a collaborative way with your peers and manager.
- Our engineers, working in cross-functional teams, dedicate themselves to one feature at a time.
🤝 Your future department Head
One of our Heads of Backend at Qonto is David. He has a strong international career with multiple software engineering experiences. Before joining Qonto in January 2022, he was the CTO of several startups in the sports & video game industries.
What can he bring to you and the team?
- David has a lot of experience in Software Craftsmanship and Extreme programming. You will have the opportunity to work in a team that values high-quality software! He also fosters and promotes a highly collaborative workplace, & embraces ambitious and difficult technical challenges.
- Experience: You have strong experience as a software engineer and have had exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications. Plus, you have strong knowledge and experience in Ruby!
- Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and solution-oriented engineer, with an interest in solving problems and delivering value.
- Impact maker: You want to help build an innovative product used by tens of thousands of users and leave your mark.
- Quality-driven: You follow best practices regarding code quality, testing and code reviews.
- Curiosity: You are a curious and open-minded engineer eager to learn.
- Team player: You have good communication skills, are comfortable working in a team, and can easily work with non-technical colleagues.
- Languages: You are fluent in English.
- Qonto is an open-minded company. Don’t tick all the boxes? Apply, and we’ll let you know if we think you could fit the role. You never know 😉
Our Hiring Process
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
- Tailor-made remote policy
- Lunch Card
- Dynamic career tracks
- Competitive salary package
- Employee well-being initiatives
- And so much more to help you succeed