👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote Software Engineering Jobs, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
The best free resources for coding interviews. Period.
The same resources that successfully helped engineers get offers from Google, Microsoft, and Amazon. With proven results and used by over a million people all around the world...
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Sift helps to stop fraud before it happens. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Coinbase, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver an outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
Sift is a Series E company with a valuation of $1.7 billion as a unicorn in 2021. Sift acquired 2 startups: Chargeback and Keyless to extend the company's product portfolio. Sift was nominated as the Best Employer in 2020 in Seattle.
Sift is a big data ML-based platform that processes 70B API requests per month, processes 1PB of data, and tens of thousands of transactions per second.
Sift mission: Help everyone trust the Internet.
Let’s Build It Together:
At Sift, we are intentionally building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We believe that diversity drives innovation, equity is a fundamental right, and inclusion is a basic human need. We envision a place where all Sifties feel secure sharing their authentic selves and diverse experiences with their teams, their customers, and their community – ultimately using this empowerment and authenticity to build trust and create a safer Internet.
The Core Platform team is responsible for the data/infrastructure/messaging/services platform that powers Sift’s online systems. We make sure they are available and performant at all times to serve our customers. In the events of outage and failure, we will have practiced plans to be able to recover. These large and complicated systems require constant vigilance to meet these goals.
Our R&D team consists of over 100 people, 25+ of them are based in the Kyiv R&D office.
- Java 11
- Python 3
Other Sift Products technical stack - AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Apache Airflow, Ruby 2.7, Ruby on Rails.
We use Scrum and 2 weeks sprints. We’re finishing migration from AWS to GCP.
Opportunities for you:
- Professional growth: quarterly Growth Cycles instead of performance review;
- Experience: knowledge sharing through biweekly Tech Talks sessions. You will learn how to build projects that handle petabytes of data and have small latency and high fault tolerance;
- Hybrid work approach: you can choose where you work better remotely or in the office.
What you’ll do:
- Build immutable infrastructure and multi-AZ/multi-region fault-tolerant systems that are anti-fragile;
- Muti region deployment: deploying Bigtable cluster which spans multiple regions (how can we make a specific customer stick to a specific region, sticky sessions at region level);
- Local development and testing as fast and painless as possible;
- Create Dynamic environments (complete env to a specific service talking to other env.);
- Bot - deployment to monitoring via slack.
Who are you?
- You have a strong understanding of large-scale computing solutions and think of infrastructure as code. You love the idea of building immutable infrastructure and multi-AZ/multi-region fault-tolerant systems that are anti-fragile. While you understand the need for monitoring and alerting, you dream of building self-healing systems. You believe in collaboration, acting as a force multiplier, and making the right tradeoffs.
What would make you a strong fit:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer of infrastructure/platform services or SRE;
- Strong programming skills with such languages as Java or Scala, or Python;
- Extensive experience building & managing cloud infrastructure on AWS or GCP;
- Experience building infrastructure as code and automating infrastructure provisioning steps, such as CloudFormation/Terraform;
- Strong experience with monitoring and alerting systems, both open source and commercial;
- Familiarity with Docker and container clustering technologies like Kubernetes, GKE, or AWS ECS;
- Experience solving problems with production systems, and building solutions and automation to prevent them from reoccurring;
- Proven experience with automation and knowledge of configuration management tools.
Our Hiring Process
We follow the same process for all teams, technical interview consists of 2 parts:
- 45 min technical phone interview with the engineering manager, 1 coding task Leetcode medium level like;
- Virtual on-site interview: 4 sessions, 45 mins each, that cover coding, system design, experience, and soft skills.
- A compensation package that consists of financial compensation, a biannual 5% bonus, and stock options;
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage;
- 50$ for sports and wellness;
- Education reimbursement: books, education courses, conferences;
- Flexible time off: we follow an unlimited vacation approach;
- Tuned work schedule to Kyiv timezone despite US offices location: biweekly demo sessions are optional for our team and we watch them from recording;
- Mental Health Days: additional day-offs;
- English courses and social activities inside the company that allow improving your public speaking and language.