👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote Software Engineering Jobs, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
The best free resources for coding interviews. Period.
The same resources that successfully helped engineers get offers from Google, Microsoft, and Amazon. With proven results and used by over a million people all around the world...
Dashworks is the first and only place you need to go to find or discover knowledge about anyone or anything at work. We’re on a path to redesigning the future of collaboration and knowledge sharing. We truly have a unique opportunity to build a category-defining product (and company!) that gets used by millions every day.
We have reached a pivotal stage in our journey:
- After coming out of stealth last year, we launched our self-serve offering in Q4 2022 and are growing rapidly
- We’ve built an exceptional team with high talent density, coming from Microsoft Bing, Amazon Alexa, Google, Facebook, Atlassian, and other incredible places.
- We are very well funded: over $9.5M raised to date from many of the top early-stage investors.
Joining right now would mean you get to ride the wave of explosive top-of-the-funnel growth yet get meaningful equity in a pre-series A startup.
As an early engineer to join our team, you'll have the opportunity to materially impact and scale not just the company's product but also the team and the culture. You'll get to drive key product initiatives end to end and work alongside exceptionally strong co-workers who learn quickly and ship quality work.
You’ll join a small-yet-mighty team of 15 as a product engineer. This will involve:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including UX designers, product managers, and developers, to create intuitive, visually appealing, and accessible user interfaces.
- Implement design principles, color theory, typography, and layout to create aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly interfaces.
- Create wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes to visualize and test design concepts and iterate based on user feedback and data-driven insights.
- Ensure that all designs adhere to accessibility standards and best practices, providing an exceptional user experience for people with varying abilities and disabilities.
- Optimize UI components for performance, ensuring fast load times and smooth interactions across devices and platforms.
- Use version control systems, such as Git, to manage and deploy code and collaborate effectively with the development team.
- Stay current with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to continually improve the quality of our products and the efficiency of our processes.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior UI engineers and contribute to a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Strong understanding of responsive design, accessibility, UX design, and performance optimization.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, or InVision.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities, with experience working in cross-functional teams.
- A keen eye for detail and a deep understanding of user needs and preferences.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, and adapt to changing priorities.
Our Hiring Process
- 30-min chat for us to learn about your ideal role and past technical achievements and for you to learn about our vision, current stage, and next milestones.
- Two 1-hour long technical interviews involving system design, coding, and debugging.
- 30-minute interview to see if we have a mutual cultural fit.
- Chatting with two of your references: your previous coworkers/managers. We offer you to chat with our references as well: investors, advisors, customers.
- Offer: 3 alternatives with a range of equity and base compensation options. We’ll also answer all your questions about business, finances, cap table, engineering, and anything else you need to make this life-changing decision (for both you and us!).
We move fast through the entire process and aim to have all the steps above completed within 3-5 days. We will make an offer to only exceptional candidates whom we have strong conviction in their technical skills and fit for the role.
We're working hard to create a working environment where people feel empowered to do their very best work, make a significant impact, and enjoy what they do. As an early employee, you'll have a massive say in defining the engineering organization, our vision, and our culture. You'll also have uncapped opportunities for growth, learning, and exposure to different business areas.
Here are Dashworks' essential benefits:
- A competitive salary - regularly reviewed to make sure you're always getting what you deserve.
- Meaningful pre-Series A share options - you'll own a part of Dashworks and share in our success
- Healthcare, vision, dental, and mental health coverage
- Home office setup + hardware/software coverage: get a laptop and whatever hardware, software, or services you need and are reasonable to do your job
- Option to work from our sunny loft in SOMA in SF. We'll cover travel expenses if you plan to come to work in person.
- Unlimited PTO
- Quarterly team retreats