👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote Software Engineering Jobs, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
We are Canada’s first end-to-end reverse logistics solution. The country's only package-free drop-off network -- convenient in-person returns that are cheaper than shipping. Full end-to-end return processing. Pay-as-you-go and bilingual. 🇨🇦
Backed by Cadillac Fairview and the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, our mission is to perfect the end-to-end-to-end shopping experience. We are a modern reverse logistics solution that makes eCommerce exchanges & returns better for brands, more convenient for customers, and easier on the environment.
ReturnBear provides a nationally-distributed reverse logistics network that leverages package-free drop-off points, micro-processing & fulfillment centres, and a self-serve mail-in process. We drive savings by being closer to our retailers' customers and batch shipping merchandise back to their stores or fulfillment centres, ready to be resold immediately. Supporting progressive brands like Numi, FRANC, K-Swiss, Palladium Boots, ‘47, Greg Norman Collection, Love & Nudes, North Boys and California Cowboy.
As an engineer at ReturnBear, you’ll get a chance to own a piece of the code that powers a key part of our business. You’ll be encouraged to speak with the product and operations teams and be actively involved in feature creation, rather than just passively deliver on feature requests. We feel that early input from engineering is key to success.
As an individual contributor, you’ll be given the opportunity to specialize and do high quality work. We want you to become an expert in your own domain. You'll ship code but also be a part of peer reviewing your team's code.
We are looking for backend and fullstack engineers with at least 3 years of experience in some of the following technologies and frameworks.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Ownership mentality. “It’s their problem, not mine” doesn’t have a place here. You own the problems and challenges that you see, and proactively work with your colleagues to turn them into opportunities. We’re in it together!
- Growth mindset. You learn from your mistakes and believe in human potential. It’s not that you can’t overcome the challenge you’re facing, it’s just that you haven’t overcome it yet. You appreciate the diverse thoughts and perspectives of your colleagues, partners and clients, and you are committed to actively listening and learning.
- Getting things done. You are keen to do great work, and ship things often. “Done is better than perfect” might be something you believe in, and while you always strive to deliver what is best for you and your team, you realize that sometimes you’ll have to circle back on it to iterate and make improvements.
- Flexibility and comfort in ambiguity. You embrace the agile nature of design and development, and you are equally comfortable pivoting your plan and process as you are establishing a workback schedule. Try as we might, things won’t always go as planned, and you always try to be ready to deal with that as it comes.
- Passion for the problems we’re solving. You understand how ecommerce and retail ecosystems are growing with emerging brands and solution providers, and you’re keen to make an impact not just on the lives of customers, but on the businesses of our merchant partners and on the environment as well. Together we can save merchants and their customers time and money, AND we can help keep returns out of landfills.
- Diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their background, sexuality, physical abilities and ways of self-identification.
- Honing your craft, your way. We provide the opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge. We work collaboratively and flexibly, with opportunities to shape a hybrid working style suited to your needs.
- All-you-can-pop bubble wrap. The popit craze has nothing on good ol’ bubble wrap. Pop your way to zen, in true reverse logistics style.
- GraphQL - Strawberry or Graphene
- Public API generation and documentation
Our Hiring Process
Candidates will be assessed at each of the following steps.
- APPLICATION. We receive your profile, resume, etc.
- INTRO: 15 min. Online conference call with Head of Engineering
- TAKE-HOME EXERCISE: Return within 7 days of receiving. Open ended coding exercise submitted on GitHub
- PAIR PROGRAMMING: 1.5 hours with 2 engineering leads. Real-world problem solving exercise.
- CULTURE FIT WITH CEO: 45 min
- Salary: we are a well-funded startup and can pay competitive salaries.
- Full health benefits
- Equity: 0.008% to 0.01%
- Coffee, snacks and such
- Work from home stipend
- Comprehensive benefits
- Commitment to your growth
- Pet friendly office
- All you can pop bubble wrap