👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote Software Engineering Jobs, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
At Wonders, we build products that delight restaurant managers and offload the operational burden of running a restaurant. By enabling frictionless connection between restaurants and their customers, we enhance the experience for everyone.
As a company built by technologists and former restaurant operators, Wonders has strong customer empathy. We obsess over placing our customers first and working backwards, and fundamentally believe that when our customers succeed, we succeed.
Our metrics are strong
- Wonders has achieved significant growth over the last year, growing annual recurring revenue by almost 200% to $30 million and doubling our customer base of mom-and-pop restaurants.
- Wonders has maintained profitability for 5+ years and continues to do so even with strong growth
If you want to be part of a hyper-growth and profitable technology company–that’s backed by institutional investors–Wonders is the place for you. Based in Long Island City (aka Queens, NY), we seek creative thinkers who are passionate about using technology to solve the biggest problems facing independent restaurant owners.
About The Team
The Voice Platform team enables restaurants to handle customer phone calls no matter how many customers are calling in at the same time. This allows these mom and pop businesses to scale past their staffing limit and fulfill their customers’ orders on time, every time.
The Payments team provides payments solutions and enables restaurants to capture more revenue.
The Analytics Platform team powers the infrastructure used to make data accessible and useful across a variety of cross-functional teams at Wonders.
- Working in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment where you will always be learning
- Architecting and building a robust, scalable, and highly available distributed infrastructure for both stateless and stateful services.
- Taking full ownership of the solutions you build and holding yourself accountable for the team’s successes and failures. This includes analyzing requirements, building them, automating metrics, alerting, and ongoing operations, and troubleshooting any issues that arise.
- Helping to establish and influence engineering processes, tools, and systems that will allow us to scale the code base and accelerate product velocity.
- Partnering with product and other stakeholders to advance the product vision and lead the expansion of Wonders into new verticals.
- Actively collaborating with other leaders to source and recruit the best talent to Wonders.
- 5+ years of experience in building large-scale distributed systems or applications.
- Proven technical leadership in guiding teams, making architectural decisions, and leading critical projects to production
- Experience building and operating scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems.
- Expertise in an system programming languages like C++ and Rust
- Track record of shipping high-quality products and features at scale
- BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Passion for the restaurant industry or restaurant technology
- Experience building products from 0 to 1 in an unstructured environment
Our Hiring Process
Finding a meaningful and rewarding career isn’t easy. That’s why our goal is to make the process as smooth as possible.
Small businesses, like independent restaurants, are the lifeblood of the American economy. We are passionate about helping small business owners realize their dreams. Without them, we wouldn’t be in this business (and probably somewhat hungry). If you’re passionate about helping local restaurant owners, we invite you to work wonders with us–one restaurant at a time.
- Application - Explore our current openings and identify roles that could be a good fit for you. We’re always looking for top-tier professionals to join our growing team.
- Interview - We view interviews as a two-way process that allows us to determine if your skills, experience, and personality meet the job requirements. And, we encourage you to explore if our company culture is a good fit for you.
- Assessment - For some specialized roles, we require a skills assessment specifically designed to determine whether or not you’re a fit for the role.
- Decision - Once we have determined that you’re the right fit for the role, we will send you a formal offer letter.
- Welcome To The Team! - You’re officially a part of the Wonders family— Time to get started!
- Highly Competitive Compensation - To demonstrate how we value each team member’s unique skill set and experience, we offer highly competitive salaries, health benefits, and stock options.
- Be Part Of A Hyper-Growth Startup - After years of steady growth with no outside investor capital, Wonders is highly profitable–reaching an exciting hyper-growth phase that’s ripe with career opportunities.
- Make An Impact - Find a career that is mission-driven and aligned with your personal core values.
- Serve Local Communities - Small businesses are the lifeblood of our local communities. By becoming a Wonders team member, you get to empower small business owners every day.
- Flexible & Remote Working Options - To attract the best talent, we offer a flexible and remote work environment built on trust and empowerment.
- Team Events & Outings - To foster a culture of working hard and having fun, we plan regular team-building and social events.