👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote Software Engineering Jobs, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
The best free resources for coding interviews. Period.
The same resources that successfully helped engineers get offers from Google, Microsoft, and Amazon. With proven results and used by over a million people all around the world...
About Planning Center
Planning Center launched in 2006 and has grown to support over 70,000 churches around the world. We are independently owned with no outside investors, no debt, and no sales team.
Churches use our tools to communicate and connect with their congregations, organize information, and coordinate events. We’re obsessed with building great products that solve real problems, aligning us with our manta: We love our people, we love our products, and we love our churches.
We’re a remote company of 130+ people that rely on tools like GitHub, Slack, Notion, and Zoom. We value asynchronous work while also encouraging pairing to shape work and tackle problems together. We gather at our main offices in Carlsbad, CA, four times a year to connect face-to-face and foster better working relationships.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer experienced in Ruby on Rails and React. You’ll work on building out new features from start to finish, refining existing features, improving performance, and ensuring the security of our customer’s data.
What a typical week might look like:
- Translating your product manager’s feature pitches into technical specifications
- Implementing those technical specifications as a series of small, descriptive, and well-tested GitHub pull requests
- Pairing with your designer and developer teammates
- Reviewing your teammates’ pull requests to increase the quality of what we build and learn from one another
- Deploying to production with one click
- Investigating customer-reported bugs that have been triaged and researched by our fantastic support team
- Diagnosing errors that come in through our error monitoring tools
- Improving performance guided by Datadog and AWS Performance Insights
- Participating in book and code clubs to learn with/from other developers
- Must reside and be eligible to work in the United States
- Must be willing to travel four times each year to connect with the rest of the team (not during a pandemic)
- Experience in Ruby on Rails and React, with strong competency in at least one.
Our Hiring Process
Applications will be accepted until Thursday, May 4th. We aim to have a final decision made by no later than Thursday, May 11th, with a new hire starting on Monday, May 29th.
Below is an outline of the steps in our hiring process:
- Initial Zoom call with the team for you to get to know us
- An online coding assessment to get a rough understanding of your experience
- Team interview over Zoom with a few developers
- Technical interview over Zoom with a few developers
- Offer extended (optional meeting with our Executive Team)
You’ll have a chance to interact with several team members during the hiring process. We strongly encourage you to bring any questions you have; you’re interviewing us as much as we’re interviewing you.
The teammates you’ll encounter along the way:
- The product manager you’ll be reporting to
- One or more developers from the team you’ll be joining
- Developers from other teams within the company
- Members of our executive team
Apply with a resume and a cover letter. Your cover letter should speak directly to the position you're applying for. We want to know what got you into software development, how your experience has set you up for success in this role, and why you want to join our team. If you’ve applied in the past, feel free to apply again.
We care about the health, well-being, and personal development of our employees and their families. Every person who works at Planning Center receives equal access to these benefits.
- Family Medical, Dental, and Vision. 95% of medical premiums and 100% of all dental and vision covered for employees and their families.
- 401k Contribution. The equivalent of 3% of employees’ salaries contributed to their 401ks.
- Remote Work. All employees may work full-time from home anywhere in the U.S.
- Pay Equity. Pay levels are set for each department to reflect equal pay for comparable work.
- Vacation Time. 80 hours of paid time-off per year, in addition to holidays and Free Fridays.
- Paid Holidays. Eleven holidays and the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day off with pay.
- Every Other Friday Off. Every other week we have a four-day, thirty-two hour work schedule, September through May.
- Fridays Off in Summer. Every single Friday is a vacation day, June-August, for extra time with family and friends.
- Sick Time. 56 hours of paid time-off for medical reasons, including the care of family and mental health.
- Maternity Leave. Birth mothers receive 100% base pay for up to 8 weeks away on pregnancy disability within 1 year of the birth.
- Bonding Leave. Non-birth and adoptive parents may take up to 4 weeks of 100% paid leave within 6 months of a birth or placement.
- Sabbatical. All full time employees receive 20 days paid time-off for every five years of service.
- Servecation. Up to 5 days of paid time-off each calendar year to serve with an eligible non-profit.
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement. Quarterly reimbursement to help cover employees’ phone bills.
- Health Allowance. A monthly allowance to spend on physical fitness and mental health.
- Remote Weeks. Four weeks a year with everyone in the office for team building (not during COVID).
- Coworking Allowance. A monthly allowance for remote employees to use on coworking space.
- Charitable Giving Match. Employees’ charitable giving is matched by Planning Center up to $2,000 annually.
- Conference Attendance. Employees are encouraged to attend one conference a year for further education.