👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote Software Engineering Jobs, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
The best free resources for coding interviews. Period.
The same resources that successfully helped engineers get offers from Google, Microsoft, and Amazon. With proven results and used by over a million people all around the world...
HubSpot is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform for scaling companies. Tens of thousands of customers all over the world use our marketing, sales, and customer success software to grow their businesses. It's our mission to not just help them grow, but to help them grow better. That's how we'll build a company future generations will be proud of.
We're building a culture at HubSpot where amazing people (like you) can do their best work. If you're ready to grow your career and help millions of organizations grow better, you've come to the right place.
Come join us and help us build a global company where we're all proud to belong.
About the Team
HubSpot's Developer Platform Group is growing in North America. Our team is building the systems that support our external Developer Experience. Our focus is on the onboarding, tools, and resources that help to make developers who use our APIs successful. This means we have a lot of drive to make sure developers are learning via our docs well, that they have a central portal to create and test their apps, and the tools throughout this process are reducing friction in the overall development process.
About the Role
As an engineer at HubSpot, you’ll do many things — many of which you likely already have experience executing. For this position, we are looking for who exhibit the following:
- A bias for fixing problems with technology rather than process
- Consistently work to deliver reliable, performant, well-tested code
- Ability to demonstrate ownership in all facets of their work
- Have a customer-centric attitude and develop opinions about the HubSpot product
- Hold a deep commitment to collaborative styles of work, including working with diverse stakeholders from across the organization
- Someone who never accepts the status quo; we need engineers who can see beyond what we have, and towards what we can build while maintaining an understanding of how to get there
- Proven ability to solve complicated technical problems and analyze trade-offs with empathy for the developers who use our platform
- Ability to demonstrate pragmatic decision-making and problem-solving abilities
Nice to have experience includes:
- Familiarity with the OpenAPI specification and related tooling
- Full stack experience
- Experience building WYSIWYG tools
- Familiarity with common JS testing libraries, such as Jasmine and Mocha
Our Hiring Process
- Submit an Application. Our recruiting team will review your application and follow up within 10 days about whether or not we'll be moving forward with your application.
- Recruiter Phone Interview. The recruiter for the role will set up time to learn more about you and answer any questions. You should not expect personalized feedback at this stage.
- Assessment. You may receive a ‘take-home’ assessment, like a role play or content assignment. Many roles have these to give a better idea of what the job is like.
- Manager Phone Interview. You and the hiring manager will have a conversation where you can learn more about the work, and they can assess your skills and interest. Starting at this stage, we will provide personalized feedback if we decide not to move forward.
- Face-to-Face Interviews. You’ll interview over video through Zoom with 3-5 HubSpotters who have prepared to ask you thoughtful questions. If we decide not to move forward afterward, you'll receive the decision via email with the option to set up a feedback call.
- Decision Stage. Hopefully, after the hiring team debriefs, you receive an offer. If not, we always provide candidates with thoughtful feedback for future interviews.
- New Hire Onboarding. Once you've accepted an offer, our recruiting team will give you all the information you need about the new hire onboarding process. Expect trainer-led lessons, group work, and self-paced sessions virtually over Zoom.
- Unlimited Vacation & Global Week of Rest. In addition to a company-wide week off in July, HubSpot has unlimited vacation. You decide when and for how long to take time off. Vacation can be used however you want; for tropical trips or flexible day-to-days. We also have Vacation Quota Relief (VQR) to make sure it’s truly unlimited for all.
- Remote Work. You don’t need to be in an office or at a desk to have an impact anymore. With our hybrid model, employees can select one of three flexible work options: @home, @office, @flex to decide where and how they work best.
- Five-Year Sabbatical. After five years with HubSpot, you get a four-week paid sabbatical and a sabbatical bonus. Some employees take vacations with their families, while others learn how to play the guitar, or enjoy month-long honeymoons.
- Healthcare. Keeping HubSpotters healthy in all areas of life is a priority. This means employees have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance for themselves and their dependents. In addition to great healthcare coverage, we also offer all employees mental health resources, including coaching and/or therapy sessions.
- Parental Benefits. In addition to our Families@HubSpot employee resource group, we offer generous paid leave to new parents, as well as egg-freezing benefits to help give women more support.
- Leadership Development. How can we help managers build and grow great teams? HubSpot’s leadership development team provides trainings, ThinkSpaces, recognition programs, and resources for new and tenured managers alike.
- Healthy@HubSpot. Beyond healthy snack options and workspaces, HubSpot offers fitness reimbursement, nutrition consultations, and workshops on mindfulness, stress management, and more.
- Financial Wellbeing. In addition to competitive compensation and equity refresh opportunities, HubSpot offers US-based employees a 401(k) with a company match and region-specific retirement plans in all other locations. Employees can also buy HubSpot stock at a discount from the share price at purchase. By contributing between 1%-15% of their base pay for a set period of time, the funds are used to buy HubSpot stock at a 15% discount.
- Tuition Reimbursement. To help you advance your career, HubSpot offers a tuition reimbursement and employee development benefit. The intent of this benefit is to help offset the cost of courses that are related to developing your career at HubSpot.
- Ongoing Learning. People at HubSpot are deeply curious. That’s why we have ongoing learning opportunities like the Free Books Program, the Learn@HubSpot online platform, a mini-MBA Fellows program, HubTalks, workshops, and more.
- Employee Resource Groups. Belonging is an important part of doing your best work. These ERGs provide support and community for employees globally: LGBTQ+ Alliance, Families@HubSpot, People of Color at HubSpot, BLACKhub, and Women@HubSpot.
- Volunteering. Helping millions of organizations grow better also means growing our impact on the communities in which we live and work. That's why HubSpotters have up to eight hours of volunteering in company time annually to give back to their communities.