👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote Software Engineering Jobs, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
The best free resources for coding interviews. Period.
The same resources that successfully helped engineers get offers from Google, Microsoft, and Amazon. With proven results and used by over a million people all around the world...
FINN makes mobility fun and sustainable. With a flexible car subscription, we bring a true e-commerce experience to car ownership and offset all CO2 emissions along the way. Join our fast-growing startup to build the most popular auto e-commerce platform in Europe and the USA. We work with the best car brands in the world and are backed by leading global investors.
Equal Opportunities for Everyone
FINN is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe environment for all employees. Experience comes in many forms and we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't perfectly align with what we have listed. We'd love to hear from you!
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will have an impact on software that will manage thousands of vehicles and customers on a daily basis. You have a chance to join the team early on and therefore work with modern serverless technologies independently, as well as shape FINN’s journey by your technical expertise.
- Flexibility to work either in our Munich office or remotely ±3 hours of the CET/CEST.
- Full visa and relocation support for you and your family.
- Possibility to work part-time instead of full-time and reduce a 40-hour-week to 80% (32 hours/week).
- Excellent fixed salary with equity participation of the company.
- Additional yearly development budget of 1,500€ and an enabling environment to enhance your skills.
- An open-minded community to be welcomed from day one and fun team events with amazing colleagues.
- You want to drive your own car with FINN? – Get one with our employee discount program.
- Grow and share your FinTech expertise: Play a driving role in the Finance Backend team and implement financial processes by leveraging modern technologies. You will be able to share your technical knowledge and best practices, as well as shape technical discussions to deliver the best possible solutions.
- Do it, do it, automate it: Simplify, automate and optimize financial processes and find the balance between using no-code tools such as Make or Retool (20%) and solid hard code implementation (80%).
- You build it, you run it: Build features and take ownership for testing, deployment and monitoring of your code. Yes, we believe in serverless!
- >4 years of experience in software engineering with passion for backend engineering and a hands-on mindset.
- Profound knowledge with Python and AWS (Lambda, RDS, S3).
- Highly comfortable with serverless applications is a plus.
- Previous experience in a FinTech, Start-Ups or other fast-paced environments is a plus.
- Previous experience in an agile development team.
- Strong growth mind-set and the motivation to continuously improve self and team performance.
- Fluency in English.
Our Hiring Process
At FINN, we follow a multi-stage process. Throughout the process, you will have the opportunity to get to know various people of your future team. Further in the process, we will ask you to work on a case/ coding challenge in which you will have the chance to show your role-specific skills. Details regarding the application process will be addressed in more detail in the first interview.
All our interviews are designed to be conducted online from home. However, if you would like to meet us in person and get an impression of our office, you are more than welcome to come to our office for one of your interviews. We are looking forward to meeting you!
Your Interview Journey
Inform yourself about the position and FINN beforehand. This will also make you feel more comfortable during the conversation.
Tell us Your Story
We want to learn more about your background and experiences. Tell us your story and what you strive for.
We'd love to get an authentic impression of you. In return, we aim at sharing as much relevant and transparent information with you as well!
Be open and curious and think about what else you would like to know about FINN.
- Individual Career Opportunities - Choose your career path and become a leader or expert in your field. No matter what we commit to a leadership that will bring your skills to the next level.
- Personal Development Budget - At FINN, we encourage constant growth and learning. With your yearly personal development budget, you can get creative on how you would like to spend it.
- Awesome Team
Events - Up for a ski trip, a day at the lake or a bowling night? We regularly organize team events to celebrate the great work of the FINN team.
- Pension Schemes - We have different programs to prepare employees for retirement and to ensure stability at the end of their career.
- Well-Being Support - We care about you! That’s why we ease access to counselling services in case you need support for your well-being.
- Empowering Parents - Do you have kids? Then you can get a subsidy for preschool childcare in Germany or partial insurance coverage for dependents in the US.
- Insurance Coverage - If you live in the US, FINN covers 100% of your insurance base package that can be used for various healthcare services.
- Sports Membership - If you live in Germany, you benefit from subsidized sports membership that entitles you to sports and wellness facilities across the country.
- Employee Participation Program - By holding virtual shares, you benefit directly from FINN's growth and future success.
- Discounted Car Subcriptions - Do you want to drive your own FINN car? No problem with our employee discount.